Happy Thanksgiving… Eat, DRINK, and be Merry
This spiked hot apple cider beverage is the perfect cocktail to warm you up on those “chilly” fall and winter evenings or take to the family Thanksgiving Dinner.
This Hot Spiked Apple Cider is a mulled cocktail that you can prepare in a Crock-Pot or on the stove in a Dutch oven. Slowly simmering baking spices, sliced fruit, apple cider and orange juice, this drink packs in all of those tasty fall flavors. You’ll finish it off by spiking it with your favorite rum (or whiskey) resulting in a deliciously warming drink that will have you returning for seconds.
- ½ Gallon Apple Cider (8 Cups)
- 2-3 Cinnamon Sticks
- 6 Whole Cloves
- 2 Whole Star Anise (Optional)
- 1 Orange cut into 8 pieces
- 1 Apple Cut into Slices
- 1 Tablespoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1.5 cups Orange Juice
- 2 cups Rum or Whiskey
- Step 1: Add all ingredients except the alcohol to a 4-quart or larger crock pot.
- Step 2: Simmer on low for 3 hours.
- Step 3: Add the Alcohol and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Step 4: Remove the fruit and spices.
- Step 5: Serve with a ladle in a heat proof glass or mug.
*If you don't have a Crock-Pot then use a large Dutch oven on the stovetop. Bring to a boil, turn down to low, cover and simmer for 2 hours. Check regularly to ensure it isn't cooking too vigorously.
A perfect treat for Thanksgiving Dinner!! This drink will go great with a slice of yummy Pumpkin Pie… (my favorite)!
Tip--Leave out the alcohol and you have a version the kiddos will love too!!
And if you need the perfect, cozy mugs to serve this cocktail in, make sure to check out our Holiday Collection and get festive with us!
Leave a comment